SDI INACTIVE DIVER/REFRESHER PROGRAM
The SDI Inactive Diver/Refresher Program is designed to update and review the knowledge and skill level of an inactive diver. SDI encourages the use of this program for instructors, assistant instructors, and resorts or dive facilities that have questions regarding the diving history of an individual. This program can also be used as a catalyst for continuing education programs. A minimum of 1 open water dive is required where the instructor or assistant instructor may use their discretion with reference to the skills needed to complete the dive.
Who this course is for:
- The certified diver who has been inactive for a period of time and wishes to review the scuba skills and academic information before starting to dive again
To participate in the SDI Inactive Diver/Refresher Course, the individual must:
- Have proof of an SDI Open Water Scuba Diver or equivalent from a recognized dive training organization
- SDI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver certification or equivalent from a recognized dive training organization. *Note: Junior divers (ages 10-14) must participate in diving activities with a parent, guardian, or dive professional.
SDI Inactive Diver/Refresher Diver minimum requirements:
- Complete the online accademics
- Complete all open water requirements efficiently
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution